Write-UpRS Aero UK Winter Series 2018/19 - Results after 8 events
We are now 8 events into the 10 event Winter Series and Spring is nearly here!
After a whopping 48 RS Aeros making up one third of the total entry at The Oxford Blue we now have 91 RS Aero sailors having completed at least 1 event in the Winter Series. A record number set to ultimately qualify with a series of at least 3 events completed with 21 sailors now qualifying and many more able to with just one more event.
In what has so far been a very mild UK winter we have enjoyed some excellent winter racing conditions in medium breezes, without extremes. RS Aeros have seen fantastic turnouts and have often been the largest class at the various mass mixed class events.
Tim Hire has been blitzing the series with a string of four 1sts recently at Grafham, Queen Mary, Northampton and Rutland. Peter Barton finally managed to pull one back by just half a point at Oxford. The Bowmoor Speedster, Chris Hatton leapfrogs the UK Class Chairman, Nigel Rolfe for 3rd. With a win a piece either Chris or Nigel could move to 2nd with one more win or take the series with two more wins - it is all to play for!
The top Youth is Tim, leading the way and demonstrating the success of the RS Aero Rooster Youth Team programme and the benefit in competing in lots of events to gain experience. Top Youth Lady is Lily Barrett, showing a successful transition from the Topper Class. Lead Master is Peter Chaplin, just outside the top ten in 13th.
Just two events remain in the Series;
- Frensham Frenzy, Surrey, on the 10th March and the
- Starcross Steamer, Exe on the16th March [Entries filling up, ENTER HERE
Full details of each on the UK Events List
- Enter 3 out of the 10 events on the RS Aero UK Winter Series
to be entered into the draw for the 50% discount voucher off a new RS Aero sail - Everyone gets a chance to win!
Already 21 sailors qualify with 3 events completed and another 16 sailors are on the verge with 2 events on the scoreboard.
*As ever, please let me
know if you spot any mistakes in the scoring
*Results Edit 23 Feb*
The OB extracted RS Aero results were used, whereas the actual OB order should have been used. Now amended.
- The Oxford Blue is scored overall on average lap time PYs with around 150 dinghies on the score sheet!
- The RS Aero UK Winter Series will take the scores of the RS Aeros in the order they finish overall in the Oxford Blue.
- The RS Aero UK Winter Champs will score the RS Aeros using the extracted positions they finish in each race, to achieve a purer overall RS Aero result.
The Prize Giving
for the RS Aero UK Winter Series, the UK Winter Champs and the Sail Voucher Prize Draw will take place at the RS Aero UK Spring Champs at Island Barn RSC on Saturday 27th April.
ResultsView Full Results File