Write-UpRS AERO UK SERIES 2015 - after Round 1
Here are the overall results so far after Round 1 at Chelmarsh SC.
As per the Notice of Series
the UK Series results are scored for each rig separately and results for each of the three RS Aero rigs are split out from each race. The overall PY results from Chelmarsh were all so close with several tie breaks and this has led to a couple of position changes when rigs are scored separately (apologies and congratulations!).
know if you think I have made any mistakes.
Round 2 at Lymington Town SC is coming up soon on 13/14th June. Full details and online entries here
UK SERIES SUMMARY - EVENTS, SCORING and RIGS THE EVENTS ARE;
Round 1 - Saturday 16th May 2015 - Chelmarsh SC, Kidderminster
Round 2 - 13/14th June 2015 - Lymington Town SC, Hampshire
Round 3 - 29-31st August 2015 - UK National Champs & International Open, WPNSA, Weymouth
Round 4 - Saturday 10th October 2015 - UK Inland Championship, Bowmoor SC, Swindon THE SCORING IS;
- 4 events, best 2 to count
- The 3 RS Aero rigs will be scored separately.
- A new rig size entered by a helm in an event of the series shall count as a new entry with that rig size.
- If at an individual event different rigs race together then separate results for the three RS Aero rigs shall always be split out from each race to produce a result for each rig size. Should they compete on a handicap basis Class Rule C.1.4 allows rig reducing from that entered. The entered rig size shall count towards the helm’s series result. RIG SUMMARY;
Whilst we are scoring ‘per rig’, as this is the best option when we expect to be racing separately predominantly, there is still some scope for rig changing;
- During an event:- if due to numbers we race an event ‘all together on PY’ a rig may be reduced from that entered, during that event.
- For different events:- Different rigs entered will count as different entries to the series. However, with only 2 results required to qualify it is still possible to qualify whilst changing rigs when it suits you.
For example; If Chelmarsh and Lymington have different conditions you might like to use different rigs. Then at Weymouth or Bowmoor you can choose which series score you wish to progress.
Round 1 at Chelmarsh SC
RS Aero 9 (4 races, 1 discard)
|1||1208||Matt Thursfield||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 9||1||1||1||1||4||3|
|2||1298||Richard Watsham||Starcross ||RS Aero 9||3||2||3||2||10||7|
|3||1023||Gareth Griffiths||Island Barn||RS Aero 9||2||3||2||3||10||7|
|4||1033||Peter Gale||Reddich||RS Aero 9||4||5||4||4||17||12|
|5||1095||Tony Jukes||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 9||5||4||5||5||19||14|
|6||1092||Richard Woods||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 9||6||6||6||6||24||18|
RS Aero 7 (4 races, 1 discard)
|1||1175||Peter Barton||Lymington Town||RS Aero 7||1||1||1||1||4||3|
|2||1118||Gareth Williams||Leigh & Lowton||RS Aero 7||5||2||3||3||13||8|
|3||1079||Paul Robson||Reading||RS Aero 7||2||3||4||4||13||9|
|4||1002||David Cherrill||Broadwater||RS Aero 7||4||6||5||2||17||11|
|5||1428||Peter Townend||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 7||DNF||4||2||5||27||11|
|6||100||Ade White||Draycote||RS Aero 7||3||5||6||OCS||30||14|
|7||1097||Chris Jones||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 7||6||7||10||7||30||20|
|8||1207||Mark Tissiman||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 7||7||9||8||8||32||23|
|9||1096||Robert Fiske-Moore||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 7||10||8||9||9||36||26|
|10||1370||Steve Taylor||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 7||DNS||DNS||7||6||45||29|
|11||1413||Adrian Speke||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 7||9||10||11||11||41||30|
|12||1206||Dave Thursfield||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 7||8||11||DNS||DNS||51||35|
|13||206||David Partridge||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 7||DNS||DNS||DNF||10||58||42|
|14||1205||Dave Beard||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 7||11||DNS||DNS||DNS||59||43|
|15||1094||Rob Hampton||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 7||DNS||DNS||DNS||DNS||64||48|
RS Aero 5 (4 races, 1 discard)
|1||1171||Ffinlo Wright||Isle of Man||RS Aero 5||2||1||1||1||5||3|
|2||1178||Cathy Bartram||Chew Valley||RS Aero 5||1||2||2||3||8||5|
|3||1412||Peter Wilson||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 5||3||3||3||RET||14||9|
|4||205||Alison Taylor||Chelmarsh||RS Aero 5||DNS||DNS||DNS||2||17||12|