RS Aero World Championship - Calasetta, Sardinia, ItalyEnter
RS Aero World Championship 2023
to include the
RS Aero Youth World Championship 2023
LNI Sulcis, Calasetta, Sardinia
Calasetta stands on the island of Sant'Antioco off the south-western tip of Sardinia, a town with fascinating history, traditions, maritime cuisine and dream beaches.....and the sailing is fabulous! The fast growing RS Aero fleets in Sardinia and the Italian mainland, together with the idyllic location for international visitors, makes our 5th World Championship set to be a fantastic event!
Racing will be hosted by Lega Navale Sulcis, held over five days with up to 14 races in the open but protected luscious waters off Sant'Antioco. There will be racing in four fleets, RS Aero 5,6,7 & 9, with the Youth World Champs, Womens' and Masters' categories contested from those overall results.
Check out the Sail Week Calasetta 2021 Promo Video
and July 2022 event's Photo Gallery
for a taster!Notice of Race
- 24th July - 11:00-17:00 Measurement & Registration
- 25th July - 11:00-17:00 Measurement & Registration, 14:30 Training, 20:00 Open Ceremony
- 26th July - 11:00 Briefing, 12:00 Racing
- 27th July - 10:00 Briefing, 11:00 Racing, 20:30 Social Dinner
- 28th July - 10:00 Briefing, 11:00 Racing
- 29th July - 10:00 Briefing, 11:00 Racing
- 30th July - 10:00 Briefing, 11:00 Racing, 18:00 Prize Giving
- NOW OPEN via the pink box above!
- Pre Entry Fee (until 28th Feb) - Adult GBP £ 265, Youth GBP £ 195 (Youth is under 22 years on 31st Dec 2023)
- Entry Fee (until 30th Apr) - Adult GBP £ 395, Youth GBP £ 265
- Late Entry Fee (until 30th June) - Adult GBP £ 440, Youth GBP £ 305
- Youth World Titles (Male & Female) Under 22 years (RS Aero 5 & 7)
- Youth World Titles (Male & Female) Under 17 years (RS Aero 5)
- Female World Titles (RS Aero 5 & 6)
- Female Masters World Title (RS Aero 6) for 45 years and over
- Mens Masters World Titles (RS Aero 6 & 7) for 55 years and over
All ages are at 31st Dec 2023. Full details in are in the Notice of Race.
Charter RS Aeros
RS Sailing in collaboration with Negri Nautica offers Charter RS Aeros 5/6/7/9 at the price of GBP £ 950. For Youth (under 22 on 31st Dec 2023) it is GBP £ 825. Request the Youth Discount Code by sending an email to the Class. The booking of Charter RS Aeros will be prioritised to distant long-haul travellers from outside Europe. European competitors should plan to bring their own RS Aeros.
Charter enquiries may be made by email to RS Sailing at [email protected]
**Charter RS Aeros have SOLD OUT** even after RS Sailing increased the initial charter fleet size. Further charter enquiries may be added to a reserve list by emailing the Class and will be informed if a charter becomes available. It might be that someone will cancel their booking or that RS Sailing may be able to increase the number of charters available.
Transport from UK
The UK Class are planning a lorry to take RS Aeros from the UK to the Worlds for UK owners. More details to follow soon!
Please initially register your interest in that by sending an email to the Class.
*Update 24th Mar - This is happening! Detail and booking info email coming to those on my list next week.
LNI Sulcis, Sardinia
Lungomare Cristoforo Colombo, 09011 Calasetta SU, Italy
Location - LNI SULCIS is located at the western corner of the tourist marina at Calasetta
Parking - Nearby on the Lungomare Cristoforo Colombo
By Sea - Cagliari ferry port is just 80minutes drive from Calasetta. Olbia and Porto Torres are in the north of Sardinia, nearly 4 hrs drive away, whilst Arbatax is a little closer.
By Air - The nearest airport is Cagliari, approximately 75minutes drive from Calasetta.
Sardinian Ferry Discount -
via Grimaldi Lines
, use discount code "FIV2GRIY".