Arctic Open - Akureyri, Iceland
Nökkvi Sailing Club, Akureyri, Iceland
Located at 70 degrees North exciting plans are set in motion for the first Icelandic RS Aero Open!
The newly built Nökkvi Sailing Club was completed in July 2021 and is celebrated as being the most magnificent sailing premises in Iceland now! It is situated on the beautiful remote north shore inlet at Akureyri, just outside the arctic circle, with an incredible backdrop framed by the surrounding mountains with patches of the remaining snow. The August date provides the best combination for weather and daylight whilst avoiding other major events within the holiday season too.
- 4 days sailing with a fun training day followed by three days racing.
- One container of 20 Charter RS Aeros
- Entry limited to 40 competitors, racing in rotation.
- Racing would be in the rig sizes(s) depending on the entrants. It could either be all in RS Aero 7s split with a heats and finals series, or a split by two different rig sizes (To Be Confirmed).
- Support from containering, accommodation, flights and car hire companies is being sought.
Those able to take a week's holiday will have time to explore Iceland too!
Register your interest in competing at his unique and exciting new event by email HERE
Drottningarbraut, 600 Akureyri, Iceland
Website: https://nokkvi.iba.is/Siglingaklúbburinn Nökkvi Facebook Page